I made this drink by accident. While making a gin and tonic, I realized mid lemon squeeze, that I didn’t have any fresh tonic water. I wasn’t about to waste good juice and gin on flat tonic so I added a refreshing beer I had on hand as an on-the-fly substitute. The elderflower liqueur adds just a wink of sweetness to soften the bitterness from the ale and the citrus. Absolutely delicious on a warm day! FYI, using an overly botanical gin or IPA will ruin this drink.
Refreshing summer cocktail highlighting
- fresh lemon
- fresh lime
- elderflower liqueur
- blonde ale (St. Archer Blonde Ale works well)
- Step 1 combine the juice from 1 lemon and 1 lime into shaker
- Step 2 add equal amount of dry gin.
- Step 3 add just a splash of elderflower liqueur.
- Step 4 shake well and pour over ice cubes into two glasses and half way up.
- Step 5 fill remaining glass with beer.